A diligent and dedicated Content Editor is required to oversee the content created by the copy writers in order to create an engaging content in a fast-paced work environment. Working closely with the marketing and graphic design departments, they must possess excellent writing and editing skills to produce material or content suitable for Amazon clients.
Good communication and organizational skills are required to work with our team of writers and designers to develop compelling and engaging content based on sufficient knowledge of writing for the Web, thus creating an overall positive user experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise a team of writers and graphic designers and ensure a cohesive solidarity between them.
- Review, revise, rewrite, proofread, and edit documents for accurate spelling, grammar and syntax.
- Ensure that the content meets the company and client’s requirements.
- Suggest new and improved content strategies (according to Content SOPs and Amazon guidelines).
- Organize, modify, hone and update existing content.
- Verify the content and information using standard reference sources.
- Optimize Content based on SEO Guidelines and e-commerce industry’s best practices.
- Develop content ideas while being mindful of the targeted audience
- Analyze data and analytics, seeking to increase reader engagement and retention.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Communication Skills – Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to establish rapport and work well with other colleagues
- Attention to Detail – As a content editor, spotting inaccuracies and making amendments is a key part of the job, so applicants for this position need to be detail-oriented and be able to identify the necessary changes that are required.
- Creativity – Content editors need to have a creative and innovative approach to their work to find new ways to develop a content that helps a brand stand out from its competitors.
- Time Management – Since multiple projects could be assigned at the same time, content editors need to be able to prioritize tasks and manage their time effectively to meet deadlines and work on tight schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- In-depth knowledge of SEO and social media best practices.
- A creative thinker with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience with MS Office and design software.